Covering Business Credit

Credit Questions and Answers
Business Credit and Collections
Commercial Credit Management

Return to Q and A 2003Home

Doctor Credit

A customer has disputed our Claim in a bankruptcy...claiming the amount is too high. Any suggestions short of getting the attorneys involved?

Answer: : The first step seems to be to ask for a printout showing what their records indicate was open at the time of the bankruptcy filing. They already have your account statement. The next step is to reconcile the two statements. The third step is to determine whether you or the debtor is correct. If you are wrong, amend your claim. If you are right, provide supporting documentation and try to convince the debtor to agree to withdraw their objection. You may need an attorney at various points along this path to protect your company's interests.

spacer spacer